Monday, September 27, 2010

Does the Eye Doctor lways present you DILATING drops after SCLERAL BUCKLE surgery ?

My surgeon gave me antibiotic and prednisone drops after top and bottom scleral buckle surgery two days ago.
I awareness that most of the articles online say the dilating drops are also other given.
Should I have them also? My eye is hurting pretty desperate, very red, sore, and 'burns' and is enormously 'hot'. I also have a 101.4 disorientation. The fever developed 8 hrs. after the surgery; the severe glow and burning/watering the following evening.
My eye doctor could not be reached (no answering service picked up) when the examine came to mind tonight, and I have no one to ask. I am applying cold pack to help near the redness and swelling. Drops for dilation are typically given within office surrounded by order for the physician to be capable of see your retina. The are not an absolute must after retinal surgery and some physicians do not prescribe them. It is not exceptional to keep a tolerant dilated in directive to prevent added strain and further detachment on the retina which may be caused by the untaught focusing of you eye when you use it. Is your eye patched? If so then I do not believe dilation drops would hold much of an added benefit.
More of a concern is your fever and strain and redness. You should review your post-surgery instructions and if they indicate that you should monitor for fever after a trip to the ER or urgent care clinic may be contained by order. A post-surgical infection is NOT a business that should be taken lightly.
Pretty much, yes. It make complete visualization of the retina much more achievable, which is drastically important within this context.

No comments:

Post a Comment