Monday, September 27, 2010

Does long-suffering confidentiality include teens? Does the doctor still enjoy to report to the parents if the teen say no

If you are under 18 after the doctor can tell your parents in the order of your treatment. If you need birth control or an STD check I would progress to your community health department or free-clinic. I know within NC testing is free for minors and your parents never enjoy to know. Usually if you specifically ask the doctor if they will tell your parents going on for any tests run they will notify you and you can ask for complete confidentiality but if you are on your parents health insurance any test run will show up on statements. So your best bet is a free-clinic or health department.
Under 18 yes. The parent is soley responsible so they hold the right to know everything. I will say this, I enjoy told my daughters that I won't ask anything of the doctor and trust them to tell me anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment